The Saturday Band Program is a bi-weekly performance-based, goal-oriented program for students who have learned the basics on their instrument and are interested in applying what they’ve learned in a band setting. Students pick songs and perform those songs as a full band with other students under the supervision of a Music & Rock School instructor. Think of the Saturday Band Program as an organized band rehearsal coached by experienced Music & Rock School instructors.
What Students Learn
The Saturday Band Program is about playing live music with other musicians! Aside from the songs in their set list, some of the things students learn include:
- Importance of song structure
- Dynamics involved in playing with other musicians
- Playing through mistakes and improvising when needed
- Guitarists/Bassists – playing standing up
- Drummers – maintaining tempo for other players to follow you
- Guitarists – using pedals and foot switches (distortion/clean/FX)
- Singing back-up vocals/singing and playing
- Balancing volume levels and blending tone
Many of the things that students learn during the Band Program typically aren’t covered in regular lessons. And some of them simply can’t be covered in regular lessons due to the dynamic.
For tuition information for the Saturday Band Program, please visit the Pricing and Policies page. For additional information or to register, please contact Music & Rock School at 919-924-0425, or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.